Posted: 10 November 2017 at 09:16 Expires: 09 January 2018 at 09:16
Posted In: Management > Construction
Location: Nigeria > Lagos
Ensure the contractor complies with baseline schedule, good construction practice is followed and close out is expedited in a timely manner.
• Execute Kick of Meetings (KOM) with contractors and suppliers
• Establish and maintain weekly progress meetings with contractors and suppliers.
• Communicate progress and issues with all relevant stakeholders.
• Approve and maintain change order register.
• Identify potential risks before they occur.
• Organize constructability reviews with all contractors involved in the project.
• Identify and solve issues should they occur.
• Prepare phase end reports.
• Prepare close out reports.
• Attend site design & technical meetings.
• Initiate and complete project punch lists.
• Ensure all resources are made available to carry out pre-commissioning and commissioning phases of the project.
• Provide technical direction and advice during planning, execution and close out stages of the project.
• Review contractor monthly reports and direct recovery planning to contractor in the event of schedule delay.
• Interfaces with all other departments to allow an expedient tie in to any services on site with minimum disturbance to site operations.
• Complete red line mark ups on as built drawings.
• Organize for the scanning, archiving of all as built drawings.
• Organize uploading of as built drawings onto QMS.
Employee Relations Management
• Evaluate and develop junior employees in understanding policies and procedures;
• Promote staff morale and workplace safety in accordance with HSEQ policies;
• Reporting of all incidents in line with set HSEQ and Security procedures.
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering
• Membership of Professional Institution would be desirable.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in construction management of small to medium size power stations.
• Experience on the African continent preferred.
• Strong skills and experience in pre-commissioning and commissioning phases of project close out.
Knowledge, skills and ability
• Knowledge of engineering best practice;
• Command of the English language including grammar, spelling and punctuation;
• Computer literate to include word processing, data management and email correspondence;
• Sound organisational skills, with the ability to prioritize and react at short notice;
• Ability to form successful relationships, working with all levels of the organization;
• Ability to work flexibly and under own initiative to achieve objectives;
• The resilience to deal with periods of work pressure and diplomacy to deal with difficult employees, customers, contactors and others during their duties;
• Reliable, with the ability to maintain high levels of service;
• Motivated with the ability to effectively work on own initiative;
• Physical fitness and mental agility to successfully function for an extended period if required.
Apply for this oil and gas job